Sunday, September 13, 2009

Your choice

As a mom of three boys I have had some interesting conversations as to why we do the things we do in our home. My philosophy as a mom has always focused on teaching my kids how to be great adults. To do that I have focused on teaching them what it means to make choices based on using what they know and thinking through what the possible end result might be.

As my kids have grown we have moved from simple choices (usually choosing between two options or having to deal with consequence) into choices that have bigger ramifications. However, because my kids learned early to assess what options are available to them and what consequences they may be faced with they have learned critical thinking skills and how to have an open mind. What has been really fun for me throughout this process is watching and understanding a whole new level of how our choices open up to us.

Life can throw us a lot of options. We have so many choices that can overwhelm and numb us to what is so important to a successful life. Sorting that out can be challenging but it is absolutely attainable. A great tool that I have found to simplify our choices is a great DVD that has just been released called "Know For Yourself." I invite you check it out by clicking on Know For Yourself to discover ways to simplify your choices and open up your options. As a bonus, enter promotion code 131608 for a $5.00 off of retail price.

Happy choosing!
Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment