Sunday, October 25, 2009

Blue Monday

The start of a new week. What does that look like to you?

We have all been there. Monday begins and everyone is negative, nothing seems to flow right, the week looks like an eternity and the weekend just wasn't enough to do everything you wanted to do. We find ourselves saying "It's a Monday" with a sigh and resign ourselves to "Monday Blues."

Here's the thing: blue is a terrific color. I look at the intense blue October sky and feel rejuvenated. I look at the blue of the Caribbean Ocean and I feel tranquil. The blue in my husband's eyes lets me know that love is real and powerful. So how is it that we translate the color blue to depressing moments?

It is all about the perspective. We have been conditioned all our lives to equate the color blue to feelings of depression or sadness. We have related to it in such a way that we automatically link the color to the feeling and let it become reality - even though it really isn't truth.

I want to challenge you this week. Instead of starting your day with "the blues" I would like you to focus on one thing that makes the day special. For everything that seems bad about the beginning of the week, take a minute to find the opportunity in that situation. Then post a comment - I can't wait to see how amazing your blues become!

No comments:

Post a Comment